Meal Waiver Application

  • Township High School District 214 Food and Nutrition Service Department UPDATE

    • Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year!

    In order to receive free or reduced price meals for your student(s) in 2023-2024, families need to complete a meal / fee waiver application. The online meal/fee waiver application for school year 2023-2024 is now available using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal link below:

    Additionally, if your household receives a letter stating that your child has been automatically approved for meal benefits for school year 2023-2024, you do NOT need to complete an application. Please ensure that all of your children are listed on the letter, and notify the food service department immediately if they are not. Please call 847-718-7638 with any questions.

    If you would like to apply for Meal Waiver benefits, please visit the  Infinite Campus Parent Portal to apply online.

    The form is located under the More/Meal Benefits Tab 

    Detailed instructions on how to complete the online meal benefits application are below:
    Online Meal Waiver Application Instructions  English  Spanish

    Printable school year 2023-2024 household eligibility application (meal waiver application):
    Printable Meal Waiver Benefits Application  English  Spanish

    Only one application is necessary to submit per household each school year (online or hardcopy.) Please submit hardcopy applications to The Department of Food and Nutrition Services, 2121 S. Goebbert Rd. Arlington Heights, IL 60005.

    For the 2023-2024 school year, the District has waived instructional fees for all students. However, it is still important for families who may meet federal income eligibility guidelines to complete the meal waiver application. Families who qualify will be eligible to receive applicable school waivers and other state or federal benefits, as available.

    If you have any questions about the meal program please contact Christine Frole, Director of Food and Nutrition Services, 847-718-7638. If you have any questions regarding fee waivers, please contact your student’s school.


    Eligibility for free or reduced priced school meals benefits is based on any one of these three things:

    1. your total household income and size in the month the application is filled out, or the month before, and members in the household or
    2. your child's individual status as foster, homeless, migrant, or runaway, or
    3. participation in a food assistance program by any member of your household

    Your US citizenship or immigration status does not affect your eligibility for free or reduced price benefits.

    We compiled a list of the information you might need to complete the application.

    If you have this information handy, it will make the application process fast and easy.

    • If you participate in SNAP, TANF, or FDPIR you will need to know your case number (not your card or account number)
    • If you do not participate in any of the above assistance programs, you will need to report your total household income. In that case...
    • if anyone in your household has a job, you may need to reference the earnings statement or pay stubs to report your gross income, which is different that the amount you actually receive in your paycheck.
    • if anyone receives Social Security or retirement benefits, you may need to gather the benefit statements to report the amount and frequency of the payments.
    • you may also need to reference other financial documents for additional sources of income.

Non-Discrimination Statement

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    1. mail:
      U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:
      (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    3. email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.