For more than 35 years, the Mini Mustang Preschool has been providing morning and afternoon preschool programs for the Rolling Meadows community. A one-to-one student to teacher ratio offers individualized attention to each preschooler. RMHS students in Parenting and Preschool classes develop high-level and unique education programs and teach groups of 8 preschoolers. High school student teachers learn to teach children math, language, science and music skills using hands-on discovery techniques. Most importantly, preschoolers learn to play with others in a supportive and caring environment.
- 16 preschoolers
- 21 high school student teachers max
Hours of Operation
- The Calendar follows the District 214 Teachers Calendar.
- Morning Class: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Afternoon Class: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 1:40 to 3:10 p.m.
11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Arrival / Wash Hands / Free Play
11:30 to 11:40 a.m. Group Time
11:40 to 12:10 p.m. Teaching Projects
12:10 to 12:20 p.m. Wash Hands / Snack Time
12:20 to 12:30 p.m. Free Play
12:30 p.m. Clean Up / Get Jackets
12:37 p.m. Dismissal to Parents
$100 per semester, plus $20 deposit.
- Anyone can join the Mini Mustang preschool.
- The fall program has a waiting list and parents are notified in April if their child has been accepted.
- Siblings of current students have priority.