Harper Promise Scholarship program
Under the Harper College Promise Scholarship Program, every eligible public high school student in Harper's district can earn up to two years of tuition at Harper College if they maintain solid grades, have good attendance, don't repeat classes, graduate on time and provide service to their community.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- Students will have the option to attend two years of Harper College tuition free, an option that they can later choose whether or not to accept.
- Meeting or exceeding the minimum eligibility requirements will help students no matter what they choose to do after high school and make it easier to attract other scholarships.
View this important flyer for high school class of 2025 and beyond:
For even more details, visit the Harper College Promise Scholarship Program website today.
Registration and Recommitment
Freshman may register in ONE of the following ways:
- Online during the general registration process in Infinite Campus by clicking the “enroll” box.
- Completing the paper Harper Promise Program Application and returning it to the College and Career Center (CCC) on or before December 15, 2022.
- Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors must recommit each year:
Students must recommit using Harper Promise Recommit form before September 15, 2022.
Community Service Hours Tracker
Enter community service hours at app.gotranseo.com. See below for Transeo Login Instructions. Students are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them. Community service hours can be unique and individualized, but the service needs to benefit someone outside of the student's home. Both www.volunteermatch.org and Community Service During COVID-19 provide options for you to consider, but students are not required to use these sites.
Each student must meet the service hours noted below and be sure to look at your school web page for serving opportunities at your school.
Students are notified in August if they meet the criteria to continue in the program. Students dropped from the program may appeal if they do not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances.
Go to Harper Promise Appeal to access the appeal form before September 15, 2022.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, email email@example.com or call Jackie Blachut at 847-718-7734.
Transeo Login Instructions
- Go to https://app.gotranseo.com/login
- In “District Name” search “District 214” and Click “Login”
- Click “Sign in with Google” and use District 214 email address.
- In the menu bar on the left, click “Service” and then “Logs”
- In the top right, “Add Hours.”
- Click “Add New Organization” if the one a student is looking for does not automatically pop up.
- Choose the graduation year for “What group is this log associated with?”
- Click “Next.”
- If students have a sponsor for an organization, they may enter it.
- Input the date, hours completed, and a brief description of the service work performed.
- Click “Add Another Day” to enter more hours OR click “Submit” to finalize
Updated January 2022