Welcome to the Academic Resource Center for John Hersey High School, winner of American Association of School Librarians National School Library Program of the Year 2019 for High School District 214 Libraries.
The goal of library services is to support District 214 Goals of preparing all students to be College and Career Ready. Library staff will maintain a positive, welcoming learning environment and uphold the Association of Illinois School Library Educators state and American Association of School Librarians national standards through student instruction and staff collaboration.
Hersey students and staff have access to the following resources:
- Find a physical book using the Online Catalog.
- Check out eBooks and Audiobooks on digital devices.
- Axis 360
- Access eMagazines on digital devices. On campus, students and staff have direct access to Flipster. Off campus, students and staff should email the library staff member for log-in information.
- Contact the library staff for more information on how to access a selection of local and national newspapers
- Research Resources:
- Access links through our Subscription Databases
- Video Services:
- Contact the library staff for log-in information for Academic Video Online for films, clips, and primary sources.
- Access a selection of full films through Swank Digital Film Campus. Staff should contact a library staff member, and students should contact their teacher.
Academic Resource Center Hours: (Full in person learning)
7:30AM to 4:00PM
The Library Media Center space offers the following services:
- printing station
- 3 break-out rooms
- Digital device charging stations
- Flexible seating to read, relax or do work
- Various school supplies
Follow the Academic Resource Center on Instagram at herseyarc